Today, due to irregular diets & lifestyles, pesticides, and hormone-doped food, our women folks are having multiple health problems. With the onset of puberty till menopause, there are a number of health ailments that trouble a lady like Polycystic Ovaries (PCOD), uterine fibroids, Infertility, endometriosis, Pelvic Inflammatory diseases, leucorrhoea, hypothyroidism, and other associated health problems.
Besides, there are chemicals that mimic our natural hormones Estrogen & Progesterone, and cause these issues that go a long way. Xenohormones (Synthetic or natural Hormones produced outside our bodies) are very common these days and can exhibit effects like natural hormones by interacting with our hormone receptors.
Xenohormones like Xenoestrogens, Xenoprogesterones, and Xenoandrogens have various detrimental effects on our bodies. These cause hormonal imbalances and cause alarming situations in our day-to-day lives. Even soaps and detergents can have xenohormones besides pesticides, cleaning agents, plastics, feminine hygiene products, cosmetics & perfumes, and oral contraceptive pills.
Today, there is a lot of discussion about infertility amongst young couples, and that is evident with the mushrooming artificial reproductive clinics and infertility centers. India, being a developing nation has a birth rate of 2.159 children per woman which seems satisfactory at the moment. But fertility rates are definitely declining across the globe without a doubt. Most infertility issues are self-limiting and if one has a deeper understanding and the right medical and lifestyle guidance, one can have a child naturally conceived without any assisted techniques.
So today, we will be delving only into 7 herbs that are a boon to a lady’s health. They are as below :
1. Ashoka (Saraca indica): It is a uterine stimulant, and antioxidant and has good effects to lower incidences of breast cancer.
2. Mulethi / Yashtimadhu (Liquorice): It protects the hormone receptors from endocrine disruptions of Xenohormones, thus maintaining normal estrogen and progesterone health.
3. Kumari (Aloe vera): It lowers insulin resistance and helps in PCOD cases. Besides this, Aloe vera is also a uterine tonic. It is a potent antibiotic and helps to treat pelvic inflammatory diseases and infections.
4. Lodhra (Sympocos racemosa): Lodhra checks excessive bleeding and is an important constituent in all Ayurveda medicines used for dysmenorrhoea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, vaginal discharges etc.
5. Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) : It has a calming effect on the uterus and reduces spasmodic pains. It is known to improve milk production in lactating mothers.
6. Madhunashani (Gymnema sylvestre): It reduces sugar cravings, improves glucose metabolism, and thus helps in diabetes and PCOS.
7. Maricham (Black pepper - Piper nigrum): It is warm by nature and is a potent antioxidant, digestant, anti-inflammatory agent, and cleanser of the body. It works excellently with turmeric for improving glucose metabolism.
These are some of the many herbs that help to overcome the health problems of women. So, keep watching for this space!
For TELE-CONSULTATION please log into www.ayushvaidya.in or or call us at +91-7540051550.